Thursday, March 5, 2009

IN A LIGHTER VEIN.....


Hello friends,

I always wanted my life to revolve around CRICKET; but for a career, was forced to somehow move it around electronic CIRCUIT; finally I've found an unexpected refuge in the job of a CRITIC. So here I am, to speak out my mind on any relevant/irrelevant topic. I don't want to hurt anybody's sentiments but in case you feel that way-you can always comment against it (What I actually want to say here is: "I DON'T GIVE A DAMN. IT'S MY BLOG!!" , but I don't want to lose a handful of my forced readers whom I always request, coerce, force or blackmail to read my blog, so ignore whatever is written in quotes). I even misuse CR's power & attach a link of my blog as signature to the mails I send to my classmates so that they may accidentally click it. :-) Atleast, I am being honest about it.


Its all about advertising. The number of blogs are over 100 million whereas the number of orkut users being 40 million+. So, Darwin's law of survival of the fittest, like anywhere else applies here as well. This virtual blogoshere where people are ready to share evrything- be it real life events (blogging & social networking), information (wikipedia), video (youtube), audio (podcasting) is ever expanding. I am more than convinced that I am not a part of REAL India because according to media & popular belief, REAL India resides in slums so I want to atleast book a space in this virtual world. So, please help me in this by reading my blog consistently :-)


Many people who read my 1st blog or claimed to have read it found that it was too caustic & didactic a blog for a rookie. I think a person's creative best comes out when he's either eulogising or criticising something. I just wanted to check if I am worth being read or not. I haven't been able to fathom the response but either way I will continue to write.

Signing Off,
Anurag Gupta

4 comments:

  1. why getting disappointed by lesser response on your first blog......
    one always needs struggle to get in the league of elites....
    go and keep keep posting..
    i think you have are getting a good touch on idea presentation..

    ReplyDelete
  2. gud try buddy.. now i will be waiting for ur next one. keep posting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. to tell you the truth anurag, i like your blogs to say the least, and get quite motivated to start my own after reading yours. so here i present a deal to you- i want to start my blog. in this era of mergers, we can work(advertise, criticize and laud) together at improving our readership. and get an assured reader in each other, atleast!
    but here is the bet- i too, am getting lazier by the day in this PSU culture, and you have to really push me over the next few days, and keep reminding me, to start my blog. Being a mechanical engineer, i can assure you that the starting torque of my brain may be high, but once it is set in motion, this is one smooth running Porsche!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @mehul: thanx dude !!
    U have it in u...2 b a gr8 blogger....just start with a topic dat hits u the most...may b in ur case it cud b football i guess....or any real life event dat affected u a lot !!
    Just get the engine strtd and ppl will just board ur Porsche (Me 4 sure) !!

    ReplyDelete